What we’re doing to make a difference:
- Heating all of our water through a biomass boiler.
- We have Installed a photovoltaic solar panel system which is now live, covering the roofs of our Big Shed and café. During summer the days are long, and so we are producing the majority of our electric during daylight hours, even with the questionable weather.
- Installing electric car charging points in our customer carpark so you can charge your car with us now! Our EV chargers are live. Hopefully, this will make it a bit easier to visit for those of you with electric cars.
- Stopping the sale of any peat containing compost.
- Introducing refillable compost bags to reduce plastic waste.
- Reed bed wastewater treatment
- Sourcing more locally grown plants and produce, and encouraging local growers to implement more sustainable practices.
- Having a sustainability audit conducted to highlight areas for improvement.
These are just the first steps we’ve taken to transition into a sustainable business, and we’re always open to new ideas. If you have any thoughts about ways we could further reduce our carbon footprint, please let us know!